It is safe and important to have proper dental care during your pregnancy.
Because of changes in your body, taking care of your teeth is very important when you’re pregnant. To keep you and your baby healthy:
- Make an appointment with a dentist. Visiting the dentist during pregnancy is safe and recommended. Exams, x-rays and treatment are safe througout pregnancy
- Eat healthy foods and avoid sugary snacks
- Brush and floss twice daily with fluoride toothpaste.
- If you avoid brushing it worsens oral health symptoms including swelling, redness and bleeding gums and tooth erosion
- If you experience vomiting due to morning sickness, rinse your mouth with water and wait at least 15 minutes before brushing