Practices achieving Bronze, Silver or Gold tooth recognition will be highlighted on the From the First Tooth website, will receive an annual certificate of achievement to proudly hang in the practice, in addition to:
- Gold Tooth Status: practice staff will receive FTFT lapel pins and tooth stickers for patients. Each practice in this category, annually will be entered to win a box of fluoride varnish and lunch provided by FTFT staff!
- Silver Tooth Status: practice staff will receive FTFT tote bags and tooth stickers for patients
- Bronze Tooth Status: practice staff will receive FTFT pens and tooth stickers for patients
ALL recognition criteria will be self-reported by the practice annually and by February 15th. Recognition will be designated to practices by the FTFT team annually by mid-March.
BRONZE TOOTH CRITERIA
- Display the From the First Tooth “Baby Teeth Matter” Poster in waiting rooms
- Provide From the First Tooth (FTFT) patient education materials: year by year trifold and fluoride varnish rack card
- Designated practice FTFT champion
- Data: submitted baseline and bi-annual data to the From the First Tooth website.
SILVER TOOTH CRITERIA
All bronze criteria PLUS:
- Practices have been trained the past 3 years in the From the First Tooth in person or virtual training in fluoride varnish application (at least 50% of practice staff trained who are responsible for oral health assessments and fluoride varnish). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when your practice was last trained
- Practices have a system in place to ensure delivery to all children in the practice receiving fluoride varnish (established workflow)
- Data: submitted baseline, bi-annual and annual data to the From the First Tooth website.
GOLD TOOTH CRITERIA
All bronze and silver criteria PLUS:
- Practices have reached or exceeded 50% of well child visits in target age group in which children receive a fluoride varnish and have built the following metrics into their documentation system or EHR to guide quality improvement and measure performance:
- Data: silver data requirements
- Practices document dental home within the EHR
- Practices have a standard clinical workflow in place and will submit to FTFT