Before the First Tooth Virtual Training
The goal of this training is to provide information to clinical providers and staff who work with prenatal patients on the importance of oral health, and to provide guidance on how to properly perform a prenatal oral health assessment, make referrals to dental providers, and integrate these practices into the prenatal visit workflow.
Objectives of this training include:
- Describe the importance of oral health care during pregnancy
- Increase the understanding of treatment guidelines
- Review oral anatomy and terminology
- Describe how to integrate oral health into prenatal care
- Become familiar with the etiology and risk factors of periodontal disease and dental caries
- Describe how to develop a dental referral process
- Provide key messages to discuss with your patients
The module is grouped into three videos and two interactive elements. The videos may be viewed together or separately. Knowledge assessments are located at the conclusion of the series and successful completion will be required to earn 1 CME.
Click the picture below to begin the training!
or visit: https://www.mh-edu.org/BTFT